Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday, February 10, 2012

We start today by being on the bus at 7:15 AM as usual. We expect to see 200 patients today. I finished packing (we go to the hotel in San Salvador tonight) and I spent the last 15 minutes before boarding, by walking around Centro Salesiano Ayaguala. I go into the Church which is open. Young people are entering at shortly after 7 AM, I suspect that Mass starts at 7:30 AM. It is not clear whether school is held in the Church or if they are bussed here for Mass and then on to public schools? The church is a lovely sanctuary. There are “Stations of the Cross” very large stained-glass windows on both sides of the church. And there are two, finely-done mosaics of glass tiles (tiny tiles used - no more than 1/2 inch), one of a female and one of a male, both appear to be some sort of saint. The music also drew me to the Sanctuary. The students have a drum set, piano and a microphone where music is played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.