Breakfast at the usual 6:30 AM for the week and all are on the bus by 7:15. Today, we all wear our Paz Salud shirts. It is quite windy here today and that helps cool us down. The line did not seem as long as when I was here (different clinic location) in 2005. The local teams have well-coordinated the Mission clinic, according to Kathy Garcia. The rooms are warm but all have fans, some installed for the schoolrooms. I have my first moment of panic, my complex camera has me feeling insecure and it takes a bit of tenacity to start photographing the doctors, the patients, the waiting Salvadorians. For the most part, the children love to be photographed and to look at what I have on the small screen. The older, rural campesinos sometimes look away or down, but their weary life-worn faces are interesting to me and I want to capture their spirits. If I say sympatico (handsome) or bonito (pretty) I can sometimes bring them out of their shyness. I simply have to be bold and take photo after photo. I elected to leave my i-pad (for photo downloads) and my laptop at the retreat house, but decided that I need to download photos and Herman (pronounced air-non) is traversing back and forth, so I take a trip with him.
Now at 1 PM, Sr. Susan says that we have already seen 250 patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.