Monday, February 13, 2012 – evening (last post)
Sr. Marilee and I came into the Alaska Airlines Board Room to relax and await our flights. What a surprise. “John Howie” was there in the Board room with his chef making crab cakes. (Special promotion put on by the Board Room.) I was feeling a little underdressed in my hip-hugger pants, tank top and Tevas. By way of apology (for my appearance) . . . I told John Howie and his Chef that we had just returned from El Salvador. The chef w/ John Howie was staring at me and I felt “oh gosh, I must look really tatty.” Later, I wandered back for another crab cake and the young man who was staring at me said “you just got back from El Salvador?” So we struck up a conversation. Turns out this young man is Salvadoran, and from a town called: Ilobasco. We had a nice conversation. He wishes to be American, but is not yet. He travelled here when he was 17 and has been in the states for 20 years. He would then have left El Salvador in 1992 (the year before I arrived in Ketchikan). I told Marilee the story and we Googled Ilobasco. As it turns out, all the little porcelain eggs that I bought for my teams are from the town of Ilobasco, known for its miniature clay figures. Had I not met Santos, I would likely not have known that. We are a small world, and we need to join hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.